Well…. I’ve got the plumbing mostly done, wiring started, carb and air box complete, and the exhaust is installed for the first time. Yesterday Bev and I installed the propeller. It’s coming along!!
Finally! That was much more work than anticipated. But it’s looking great! I bought a RVBits plenum…which required some minor fiberglass surgery to fit, but it slips in real nice now. I’m hoping it will make the cowl less prone to flexing, and I’ve heard it actually makes the plane a little quieter…who’d a thunk it?
So it’s time to install the cooling baffles. I think this will take some time to do a real nice job. I’ve got a plenum coming from RV-Bits… so that will make the whole thing easier (I think). Here are a couple of shots of me just trying to figure out how I’m gonna get this done. I know this isn’t real exciting stuff, but I’ll keep y’all posted with my progress. Stay tuned.
Well….. finally got the spinner done. Looks great. And the cowl is completed with all the rivets. I also installed an ETX680 Lithium ion battery….3.9 lbs vs 14.7 lbs for the PC680. Had to build a battery tray as the ETX was just that little bit thicker. Now on to the baffles which seem to be an awful lot of work. I’ll keep you posted.
Engine is mounted…. now I’ve got to fit the cowl. I really don’t like fiberglass work, although it’s real forgiving. Here’s today’s progress….. engine mounted, initial fit of the top cowl, and then fit/cleco to the rear hinge connectors. Looks good. Now on to the bottom cowl fitment…… I’m not looking forward to that.